Here’s another little gem that was drafted, but never published. Even four years later, I’m thankful for these words and for taking the time to jot them down!
* * *
A few of my bloggy friends have used this theme and I thought it would be a great way to get down some of the little things I want to record before they totally slip away from me! Perhaps an alternate title to this post is “Kids Say the Darndest Things!”
- “When I get bigger maybe…” has been used for everything from drinking coffee (or Pepsi) to riding a bus to school. You name it and he can’t wait to be big enough to do it. My…he’s growing up so fast already!
- “It’s my favorite!” – I seriously need to record him saying this because it sounds more like “fravrite” and it melts my heart every time. He usually whips this out when we’re talking about some type of food – yogurt for breakfast or dinosaur-shaped cheese and kangaroo-shaped turkey slices for snack. He has too many favorites to count!
- “I can!” or “Don’t!” – These two aren’t as near and dear to my heart, but I suppose they’re quite essential in the normal development of this little Mr. Independent.
- “I just got it!” – OK, so I don’t really know if this is what she’s saying, but this is what it sounds like and Miss Seneca says it A LOT! She is so very expressive and I can only imagine how much more so she will become! She certainly has a temper too…if she wants to show off her new light-switching skills or get her mitts on whatever snack is close at hand, she will squirm, squeal and squawk within an inch of her life!
- “Stop!” – This sounds horrible, but it is something I am quite confident Seneca is saying. In fact, this goes down on the record as being her first official word. It was the first time I heard her and knew she was communicating with us verbally. I think it’s actually due to the “Stop in the Name of Love” ditty I sang at the kids on the way home from the football game a few weeks ago.