Have you ever had one of those days when you think I couldn’t have planned it more perfectly? That’s how I’ve felt all day today! For the past 5 weeks we have been running around like crazy people, moving from one household project to another. And it seemed like each project spawned another project and before I knew it, I felt practically paralyzed by the enormity of it all! Not to mention that I have this incredible sensitivity to time frame – I feel like I want e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g done before the baby arrives because I know that it’s going to be temporary insanity at that point!
I am so pleased to report that this week, I finally began feeling as though things are really coming together. If you’ll indulge me a little, here’s what we’ve accomplished this week:
- played with pictures
- dinner with friends 3 nights this week
- a perfect play date on Tuesday (3 moms, 5 kids and 2.5 of the 6 hours were spent with all children napping!)
- doctor’s appointment (36 weeks now – great heart rate, I’ve dropped a bit and am apparently at a 3 already…sorry if that’s TMI, but it was surprising to hear since I was only a 3 when I arrived at the hospital after my water broke with Calder)
- grocery shopped
- weeded the garden
- putt in fresh mulch
- cleaned 4 of the 7 rooms downstairs
- caulked around tub and toilet
- washed, dried and ironed the curtains in the kitchen and bath
- hung our new hummingbird feeder and have already attracted several visitors!!
- reorganized both mine and hubby’s dressers to better house our junk clothes
- sang with our worship band at an open air concert on Thursday night
- became the proud owner of two new desks (courtesy of craigslist)
- hung the lattice around the deck
- packed away “wintery” maternity clothes
- spent some quality time with my folks, though we did put them to work (see desk delivery and lattice)
- began thinking of Christmas card ideas since I just found oh, about 100 sheets of snowflake vellum leftover from our wedding invitations
- tried shooting in RAW, but found that it was a little too much for because because I don’t have a grasp on the processing (and had problems getting the pics to my computer and then onto Flickr)
- read a little more in my most recent book The Calder Game– young adult novel by Blue Balliet (How could I not read a book with my son’s name in the title?!)
- successfully knitted one full row on the blanket my grandma fixed started for me and I’m hoping to finish it for baby’s pending arrival
- cleaned the car and installed the freshly cleaned infant car seat
- put the window A/C in the bedroom window
- spent precious time with my boys enjoying meals on the deck, plenty of pool time and some snuggle time in there as well!
I know that much of this is obsessive nesting, and for the record I didn’t have a hand in all of these tasks. As a pathological list-maker, I really don’t think I’ve ever made a list of tasks accomplished, and though it probably doesn’t make for a thrilling read, it makes me feel pretty good to actually see how far we’ve come!
Blissfully tired, it’s about time I crawl into my freshly made bed, in my air-conditioned room, next to the man of my dreams!