one twothree diapers
- Slithered out of bed and started my day (after trying to ignore my alarm 3 times!)
- dropped Calder off at daycare (no tears, just a really lengthy good-bye hug!!)
8:00 – 11:00
- “constructed” my new stool
- stared around my room trying to envision the layout that would work best
- sorted school supplies, which felt a little like Christmas morning for school-supply loving geeks such as myself!
11:00 – 11:15
- Drove to Beaner’s to meet with our fiancial advisor
11:15 – 1:00
- Arrived back at the school where our financial advisor was waiting because we had changed the meeting location
- Started Calder’s college savings
- Talked a lot about money (realized kids (and life in general) costs more than expected)
- Called daycare to check-in (after having restrained myself most of the morning)
- Learned that he had 2 more poopy diapers and that the daycare provider thought it might be something more serious than teething, my diet, or stress.
- Scheduled an appointment for Calder to be seen by the doc!
- Felt terrible that I hadn’t called the doctor or daycare earlier!
- Picked up Little Man and headed home for lunch and to let Xanther out
- Headed into Lansing to hit the Dollar Store, Teacher Store, and Babies R Us before Calder’s appointment.
- Stuck in a traffic jam on I-496.
- Avoided most severe part of traffic jam because we weren’t going downtown at rush hour.
- Stopped at Dick’s Sporting Goods to check out kayak sales
- Left empty-handed (thankfully!)
- Arrived 20 minutes early for our appointment
- Fed Calder
- Were seen by the doctor much earlier than schedule (Hooray!)
- Left the office with a smiling, cooing, little baby who apparently has nothing wrong with him as he seems just fine.
- Shopped at Meijer for odds and ends, including two bookshelves for my room, which I’ll assemble tomorrow
- Looked longingly at the aisles of treats and tasty goodness that I wanted to devour, my lunch having long since worn off.
- Dropped off a few things at school and a friend’s house
- Sat in the backseat with a wailing child who was not the least bit amused by my antics!
- Finally arrived home
- Fed Calder
- Changed him
- Finished feeding him
- Changed him again (2 diapers this time!)
- Swaddled him so I could restock the diaper supply that has been quickly dwindling
- Emptied Diaper Genie
- Washed bottles and pump parts
- Made Dinner and Sat down!
- Watched my angel fall asleep on my handy-dandy video monitor! *Thanks, Mom!*
- Crawled upstairs, kissed my sweet child on the cheek, climbed into bed and thanked God for the countless blessings in my life!